Visit and experience
the preparations of Doburoku
An experiential program, visiting the "Izunuma Nosan" on the banks of Izunuma and observe the preparations of Doburoku, fill and seal your very own bottle and take it home.
Learn about the Izunuma local culture and be amazed at the process of "fermentation" through Doburoku, miso, and salami.
Sample Doburoku, fermented salami and the chance to observe "roosting of the greater white fronted geese" included.
- A rare mini-experience of brewing your own sake (Doburoku shikomi)
- Bottle and seal your very own bottle of Doburoku and take it home as a souvenir. (180ml x 2 bottles)
- Taste Doburoku there and then & sample fermented salami. (Non-alcoholic Amazake available)
- Finally, take a stroll at Izunuma and observe the "roosting of the greater white fronted geese."
Izunuma DoburokuThe rice is called "Fuyumizu-Tambo-Mai" which takes into consideration nature and the environment. Learn the deep story behind this.
Observe the manufacturing processWatch how they make Doburoku. Fermented using unique yeast extracted from Izunuma.
Bottle and seal your very own bottleBottle your own Doburoku and seal it using special equipment. Take home the bottle as a souvenir.
Watch the roosting of the greater white fronted geese.A truly magnificent view of tens of thousands of greater white fronted geese filling the sky, coming to land and roost.
Sawn obervation (Winter season)In winter, swans can be seen up close. It is only a 2-3 minute walk from Izunuma Nosan to the observation point at Izunuma.
Izunuma Nosan KumpelIn addition to Doburoku, there are many local ingredients such as fermented salami made with unique in-house lactic acid and vegetables straight from the farm at "Kumpel."
※ All images are for illustration purposes
"Izunuma Nosan" Start → Observe and experience the making of Doburoku → Sampling of Doburoku and fermented salami → Observing "Roosting of the greater white fronted geese."(Under 10-minute walk) → "Izunuma Nosan" Finish
【Meeting place】 Izunuma Nosan(Maenuma Aza, Nitta, Hasama-cho, Tome-shi, Miyagi-ken)
【Participants】 Maximum 10 persons (Minimum 2 persons)
【Season】 2019 November 24 (Sun.), Mid December (Sun.), Mid January (Sun.)
【Price】 3,000 Yen per person (tax not included)
【Included in price】
● Observe and experience the making of Doburoku ● Souvenir Doburoku (180ml x 2 bottles) ● Sampling, tasting ● Izunuma guide fee